Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Favorite Things


“Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens, pumpkin spice lattes and warm cashmere mittens”.  Julie Andrews sang it best and watching Maria turn drapes into clothes for all the children quickly became my favorite scene in the classic movie "The Sound of Music".  Growing up I changed my mind about my personal favorite things as often as I changed my clothes (which I assure you was very often), but upon entering the world of professionalism I am confident in my announcement of this list of favorites I am sure to never pass up.  In no particular order…

     Red Red Wine by Bob Marley- sure to cure the saddest of any mood
    The Office- If I could marry a cast of people this would be it, I’m not even embarrassed that I crack up alone when I watch it
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with Rainbow Sprinkles and Gummy Bears- call me 5 years old but I cannot resist this childhood “delicacy”.  Amelia’s parents, a dear friend from forever ago who I will never forget, used to always take us to a TCBY near our houses and this was always our treat of choice.

Boating in the summer- need I say more? 

Having the leisure to explore a city- discovering and getting to know your surroundings inside and out is truly a blessing.  Upon recently graduating and moving to Naperville I have been presented with this challenge.  Also, my new job allows me to travel all over the country; I cannot wait to find my favorite local places to eat and shop in cities such as Nashville, Lexington, and St. Louis.
A Cat Nap- the most sure-fire way for quick rejuvenation.  Although I am a very light sleeper and it takes me a while to fall asleep, I have found there is nothing more refreshing than snuggling under the blankets on a chilly fall afternoon to catch a few Z’s.

Barbeques- What a perfect way to bring together old friends (or new) and enjoy a beautiful day and delicious food.  My personal favorites include pasta salad, fresh strawberries, grilled chicken and peppers, Linda’s Potatoes, and brownie trifle for dessert… yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment